How accessible is ESM™ to other software programs? Can payroll, materials management, statistical data, etc. be downloaded directly from another software configuration? If not what is the process to achieve this? Are the data / information available on a real time or batch basis?
In order to access data from other systems, we created a program which connects to any ODBC connection ("ODBC is a programming interface that enables applications to access data in database management systems that use Structured Query Language (SQL) as a data access standard."). The data shuttle program is able to read data and tables in other systems while not changing or altering the data, thus giving us the ability to transfer data into ESM™ on a real time or batch basis.
All information is formatted into the logical groups which you have created in your financial systems, as well as there is the ability to create unlimited groupings using fast building tools. These grouping can then be applied to a cube and viewed. All of your General Ledger Data statistics can be loaded as well as other systems data.
Depending on the intended audience, some cubes offer very high level, aggregated and normalized data to prohibit detail identification. There is a wide range of options. Cubes have many pre-calculated views of your organization, offering new insights using the same data sources. ESM™ goes the extra step by displaying only the data views that are logical for your specific organization. New cube definitions are built using your business expertise and desired outcome measures. Ease of Exploration The cubes in ESM™ offer:
- Consistent information presented in standardized format
- Coding is normalized to a single reporting format
- Fast, single-source reporting (frozen by reporting period or month)
- View the same data from various perspectives
- User-controlled reporting trees
- Filter to desired information level or exceptions
- Drill through to the underlying information source for detail requirements
- Access in the office or from any location with a computer
- What is cube’s intended role? (Summary documentation stays with cube)
- How will the summary data be evaluated?
- Trends (monthly, quarterly, yearly, pay or GL periods)
- Benchmarks or key indicators (percent, pre-set targets)
- Define lowest level to link data together
- Define desired summary levels through user defined trees
- Define data sources (Budget Manager, databases Sql Server, Oracle…)
- Define drill-down requirements, if any
- Define normalization levels (From consistency level to making data non-identifying)
- Define scripts to import, process, validate (audit), and normalize the data
- Managed through import process
- Once scripts manually tested, they can be fully automated
- Key is to fully audit the data to ensure proper coding
- Crosscheck totals
- Establish security rules and level, and define User ID access.
- Notify users when cube builds are ready for their use (monthly usually)
Graphing is currently being developed in conjunction with the users. The type / Style of all the graphs will be part of each cube.
Yes, any type of document can be stored in the Budgeting Module. Both on the Salary and Non-Salary (including statistics) we have access to store a document on line.
Depending on how information is currently circulated, the power of these products will drive your information access into a streamline environment. Due to the pressures in healthcare today, we believe that you will be able to see a RIO to be deployed on the operations of the hospital rather than within the Finance Department.
The columns are flexible in that it gives you the ability to control what information you want to see on the screen.
All titles and headings can be renamed with your hospitals names/mnemonics/short-forms to ease the learning curve and maintain hospital polices.
The Report Writer for both the ESM™ and Budget Manager is included. We currently have 170 template reports which are both for Dictionary and Data extraction. The data, once extracted, can also be saved in a few different formats i.e. Excel, PDF, Text
Explain levels of security and access to data / information that would be available or restricted to different levels of employees.
Security Levels are set in two basic manners
- Full System Access (Finance user)
- Restricted User (restrictions to Cost Centres and Secondary Accounts)
For Both the Budgeting and ESM™, it is estimated to require .3 FTE to maintain the application.
Yes, the product is sold on the basis of number of Staff (FTE employees) with unlimited user access.
Yes, we have a number of references and a list of hospitals that are willing to share their experience. An account manager can contact you with a comparable user.